[rehab] Mechanic Tool List for Blind Clients

Bryan Schulz b.schulz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 7 22:50:24 UTC 2013

Bryan:
As I indicated on the phone, we do not do very many torque wrenches. The
brands we used to do have either discontinued the items we used or have gone
to a method of etching (laser) that makes it difficult for us to enhance the
markings.
We have found two relatively inexpensive wrenches that we think we can do
(can't be positive until we've seen them).
20 to 100 ft/lb (in 1 ft/lb increments) wrench with 1/2" drive with enhanced
etchings: $150.00 Including shipping/handling.
5 to 80 ft/lb (in 1 ft/lb increments) wrench with 3/8" drive with enhanced
etchings: $150.00 including shipping/handling.

Since this will be a custom project, we cannot accept returns for credit or
replacement. We cannot accept cancellation once we have started work on the
instrument. There will be a restocking fee if the project is cancelled
before work has begun but after the wrench has been shipped to us. If we get
the torque wrench from the supplier and find it can't be enhanced
accurately, there will be no charge to you.
It would appear that this project, like some of our others, will have to be
discontinued sometime soon because the tools are no longer suitable for
adaptation. If you know of a torque wrench you would like to have enhanced,
we'll be happy to look at it for the cost of return shipping. What we need
is a unit with etched markings that are deep enough to get a "purchase" with
our etching tools (if you can feel it with a finger nail, it's probably
adequate). The laser etching is so shallow it almost isn't there and we are
therefore unable to make an accurate marking.

Let us know if you want to pursue this project.
Thanks for thinking of us.
Best wishes,
Lee

Lee Benham