[rehab] problems with accommodations for the CRC exam

Tonia Trapp tonialeigh513 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 13 17:03:32 UTC 2013

Hello All,

My name is Tonia Trapp, and I live and work in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I
took the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification exam (CRC
exam) on March 7 but I encountered some significant problems with
accommodations. I was approved to take the exam in braille, but the braille
exam was never sent to the testing site despite my making an extra phone
call beforehand to ensure that it would be sent. I also encountered a
problem with the reader that I was provided as a substitute accommodation;
she had a hard time remaining alert while reading the test. She often
slurred her words while reading and sometimes misread words.

I am writing to ask if any of you have recently taken the CRC exam and had
difficulty obtaining the testing accommodations that you needed. I would
particularly like to hear from anyone who took the CRC exam in the last
three years and who had difficulty obtaining the test in braille. If you
have had this kind of experience and would be willing to share it with me,
if you prefer not to reply to the list, please feel free to email me
directly at

Tonialeigh513 at earthlink.net

I appreciate your help very much.

Kindest Regards,