[rehab] Employment Committee Events at National Convention

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Wed May 22 20:27:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

The NFB Employment Committee has three events at the national convention
this year.  Here are the listings for the convention agenda:

Monday July 1, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.  Free Job Seekers Seminar sponsored
by the NFB Employment Committee.  Do you want a job?  This seminar will
teach you the skills, low tech and high tech, that you need to get one.
Monster.com, which has worked with the NFB to make its systems completely
accessible, will show you how to apply for jobs online.  Experts from NFB
training centers, state and private agencies, and other individuals will
give you the skills and inspiration you need to get a good job.  Dress up,
bring your resume, and go directly to the job fair afterward.

Monday, July 1, 2:00 to 4:30 p.m.  Free Job Fair sponsored by the NFB
Employment Committee.  Dress up, bring your resume, and interview with
employers who are genuinely interested in hiring blind people.  Interview
coaching available.  This is a new thing, and if it catches on, we will do
it every year.

Thursday July 4, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.  Meeting of the NFB Employment
Committee.  Learn about resources that can help you with career planning,
job search, and employment.  Job exchange: if you are looking for a job,
bring your resume; if you are looking for someone to hire, bring your
job(s).  What can the committee do to increase the employment of blind
people?  Bring your ideas.

We still need employers who are interested in being part of the job fair.
If any of you are employers and want to be part of it, or if you know of
employers who would want to be part of it, please e-mail me at
ddavis at blindinc.org or dickblind at gmail.com.  Make sure you pre-screen
employers to make sure they are interested before referring them to me or
me to them.

Thanks,

Dick Davis

Chair, Employment Committee