[rehab] Fw: [NCSAB Members] Fall Training Call For Proposals/Presentations

Edward Bell ebell at latech.edu
Fri Aug 1 14:36:03 UTC 2014

The National Council for State Agencies for the Blind (NCSAB) is proud and excited to announce our call for presentations for our Fall, 2014 conference:

Theme: Rethinking Rehabilitation

Who: National Council of State Agencies for the Blind (NCSAB)   www.ncsab.org

When: Wednesday, November 12 – Friday, November 14, 2014.

Where: Hyatt Regency Miami, 400 SE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33131

  (305) 358-1234

Deadline for proposal submissions: Sunday, August 31, 2014

In addition to proposals on WIOA and technical assistance and continuing education categories, proposals are being accepted in the following topics:

·        Pre Vocational Training: preparing students for transition, post-secondary education and employment, including K-12 education.

·        Assistive Technology: evaluation, training and trends

·        Business Enterprise Program (BEP): new opportunities, partnerships and trends

·        Independent Living Older Blind (ILOB): training, technology and trends.

·        Employment: training, partnerships and jobs for high school/college students, returning veterans and seniors.

·        Blindness training:  Innovative programs, best practices, strategies that work

All proposals, including attached information must be received by 5 P.M. EST Sunday, August 31, 2014.

All proposals must be emailed in a MS Word document to:

NCSAB President

Robert L. Doyle, III

ncsabpresident at gmail.com

Phone: (813) 922-5463

Please share this information with all colleagues in the field, we look forward to seeing you in Miami!

Robert L. Doyle, III, President NCSAB

Submit the following information with your Proposal

Title of Presentation

Presenters, Include Name and Title

Length of Presentation: 15 Minutes, 30 Minutes, 45 Minutes, Keynote

Audio Visual or other Equipment Needs: ______________________________________________

PLEASE NOTE ALL EQUIPMENT REQUESTS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH PROPOSAL REQUEST

Check the appropriate area

__ WOIA

__ Post TACE Resources

__ Pre-Vocational

__ Transitioning

__ K-12 Education

__ Business Enterprise Program

__ Assistive Technology

__ Senior Services (Independent Living for the Older Blind)

__ Employment

__ Blindness Skills Training

__ Other________________________________________

Direct all questions to

Sue Schaffer

President-Elect NCSAB

sschaffer at dors.state.md.us

410.554.9219

Edward C. Bell, Ph.D., CRC, NOMC

REGISTER TO TAKE THE NATIONAL CERTIFICATION IN LITERARY BRAILLE (NCLB) Exam http://www.nbpcb.org/pages/announcements.php

Director, Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness Louisiana Tech University
210 Woodard Hall
PO Box 3158
Ruston LA 71272
Office: 318.257.4554
Fax: 318.257.2259 (Fax)
Skype: edwardbell2010
ebell at latech.edu
www.latech.edu/instituteonblindness
"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops."
-- Stephen Jay Gould

Dr. Bell, good seeing you in Orlando, albeit briefly.  Any ideas?  Please share as you see fit.  Thanks and regards, Doug

sschaffer at dors.state.md.us

410.554.9219

WARNING: This Electronic message is from outside the Department of Rehabilitation Services. All requests for information should be verified before any information is provided. No I.S. related requests or notifications will ever come from an external source.

The contents of this electronic message, including attachments, are transmitted by the Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services, an Oklahoma government entity. This message is intended for use by the named addressee only and may contain information that is confidential or private according to state or federal laws. The views and opinions expressed herein are the sender's and may not reflect the official position of OKDRS. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender by a "reply to sender only" message, delete it completely from your computer and maintain confidentiality of the message. Any unauthorized disclosure, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is prohibited and subjects the user to penalty of law.