[rehab] Cross Post: Earning Income while Living in a Rural Area

Alexander, Lucy, CFB Lucy.Alexander at state.nm.us
Wed Aug 20 17:28:06 UTC 2014

Danielle,

Have you considered using Blind Work Expense deductions to cover the cost of paying for transportation?  Sometimes taxi companies or other for profit transportation companies will negotiate deduced rates for regulars, which would help minimize the impact of transportation expenses.  You may also be able to write a PASS plan to cover the cost of transportation or the cost of purchasing a car if you have a driver.  Sometimes it is easier to find a driver if you have a car.

Living and working in a rural environment is appreciatively difficult.  I hope these options are helpful.

Lucy