[rehab] High power blind people

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Fri Sep 12 13:42:53 UTC 2014

Dear friends in the NFB,

Adrian Coysh of New Zealand contacted me to learn more about blind persons
in high level positions. She has three children with Retinitis Pigmentosa.
Her note is below.  If any of you would like to correspond with Adrian, her
information is below.  Correspond with her directly, as she is not on our
listservs.

Adrian, David Ticchi is Special Assistant to the President of Legal
Seafoods in Boston, Massachusetts.  Mark Riccobono is president of the
National Federation of the Blind (NFB).  Michael Bullis runs the Image
Center in Baltimore, Maryland.  James Gashel is vice-president of Business
Development at K-NFB Reading Technology, Inc.  Dr. Edward Bell is director
of the Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness at
*Louisiana* Tech. Anil Lewis is executive director of the Jernigan
Institute in Baltimore.  Cheryl Echevarria runs her own travel agency and a
division within the NFB.  Dan Wenzel ran the special education programs and
school for the blind in Wisconsin for many years, and is now executive
director of BLIND, Inc.  There are many others.

Adrian, if you would like to access our NFB listservs, go to
listserv at nfb.org.  You can sign up for as many as you want, and there is no
charge.  There are also mentors listed on Where the Blind Work, which is
accessible through www.nfb.org, our national website.  Also look at our
Employment Committee website, which is still under development,
http://employment.nfb.org/.  Most of the above people, including me, can
also be accessed via LinkedIn and/or Facebook.  You can also look at the
websites of our three NFB training centers.  BLIND, Inc., the Colorado
Center for the Blind, and the Louisiana Center for the Blind.

Best wishes,

Dick Davis, Chair

NFB Employment Committee and

Associate Director