[rehab] Question regarding labeling case files

Erin Chaves emc711 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 19 01:30:23 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I would like to know how you label your paper case files.  In my previous
job, I was a VR counselor in WA State.  I labeled my folders by using the
slate and stylus to write the consumer's name on the outer edge.  That
method worked very well for me.  Now I'm working for the state of TX, and
I'm told I'm not allowed to do it that way.  I have tried the dimo tape
method in the past, but the damned tape bubbles and eventually falls off the
folder.  I know I used to be able to find Braille labeling sheets.  Have any
of you used those to do labels?

What else can I try?  I thought of investing in a Pen Friend, but I have
never worked with one, so I don't know if I would take to that.  Any
suggestions would be greatly valued and appreciated!

Thanks much!

Erin Chaves, M.A, CRC.

VR Counselor in San Antonio, TX