[rehab] Job Announcement -- VR Program Manager Vacancy in New Mexico

Salas, James, CFB James.Salas at state.nm.us
Fri Sep 4 20:32:10 UTC 2015

Greetings,

We are recruiting for a VR Program Manager position with the NM
Commission for the Blind.  The position is in our Albuquerque office.

The actual job posting is quite lengthy and written very broadly, but
the most relevant portions are provided below.

Although the closing date is listed as October 2, I will be pulling
my first candidate list on September 16, so please get your
application submitted not later than September 15.  The position will
be open until filled.

To reach the job posting,
1. Visit the following link to go directly to the posting:
https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/newmexico/jobs/1178077/vocational-rehabilitation-program-manager-cfb-6243
Or
2. Go to the NM State Personnel Website at
www.spo.state.nm.us, click the link for View Job Opportunities And
Apply, and enter the job title in the search field.

Note to screen reader users: Recent updates to this online
application utility have made it very difficult to complete
independently using screen reading technology.  Screen reader users
who experience difficulty with the application utility should notify
me with the particular problems so that we can work with SPO to get
the application utility corrected.

Any applicant can contact the State Personnel Office Applicant
Services Help Desk at 505.476.7759 to confirm that their application
(including uploaded transcripts, licenses, etc.) has been
successfully received for consideration.

Please forward this announcement to any individuals that you believe
might be interested in a great job with our agency.  Interested
individuals can contact me to discuss the position.

Thanks much.

Jim

James L. Salas
Deputy Director for Vocational Rehabilitation
NM Commission for the Blind
Phone 505.383.2251
James.Salas at state.nm.us
www.cfb.state.nm.us
---

New Mexico Commission for the Blind
Vacancy Announcement
- Job Title: Vocational Rehabilitation Program Manager
- Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular - Permanent
- Closing Date: October 2, 2015, although I will be pulling a
candidate list on September 16.
- Pay Grade: 85
- Salary: The salary range for this position is $50,897 - $88,524
Annually ($24.47 - $42.56 hourly).  Offered salary will be based on
education and experience.
- Benefits: Full State of New Mexico benefits, including health
insurance, life insurance, retirement, sick leave, annual leave, and
ten holidays.
- Purpose of Position: To manage the Vocational Rehabilitation Unit
by supervising vocational rehabilitation counselors and support
staff, directing case services delivered by VR Counselors, and
supporting the needs of counselors through training and technical assistance.

Preference will be given to applicants with a Master's Degree in
Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling, Sociology, Psychology, Guidance
and Counseling, Social Work, Special Education or closely related.
- Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree in any field of study
from an accredited college or university and eight (8) years of
professional level experience with a light strategic impact
directly  related to the purpose of the position defined by the
agency at the time of recruitment.  Any combination of education from
an accredited college or university and/or direct experience in this
occupation totaling twelve (12) years may substitute for the required
education and experience.
-- If you have indicated in your application that you have an
education higher than a high school diploma or GED, you must attach a
copy of your unofficial transcript to the application. Your
application WILL NOT be considered for further review if you have
failed to provide this information.
- Working Conditions:
-- Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to
Visual/Video Display Terminal (VDT) and extensive personal computer
and telephone usage.  Regularly works with individuals with secondary
disabilities, some of which resulting in challenging
behaviors.  Occasionally exposed to service animals.  Travel is
required throughout New Mexico, including regular overnight travel.
- Default FLSA Status: Exempt
- Bargaining Unit: This position is not covered by a collective
bargaining agreement.
- Agency Contact Information: Ms. Kelly Quintana, (505) 476.4456
- There are also approximately ten questions addressing education,
experience, and specialized qualifications in the online application.
-- end