[rehab] Employer list on website

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Mon Jun 19 13:49:13 UTC 2017

Hi,

After some technical difficulties, we have been able to get the list of
employers at the Job Fair up on our website, https://employment.nfb.org/.
Two additional employer registrations came in over the weekend, so we will
update the list this week.  Keep checking it.

This is a reminder that everyone needs to register for the Job Fair this
year.  We need to get some job seeker statistics to market the fair to
employers.  The easiest way is to pre-register and send us your resume.
Details are included on the Pre-registration form on the website.

Sorry to say, some people abused the Resume Doctors – both figuratively, by
trying  to get the service which is reserved for pre-registrants, and
literally, by insulting and blaming one of the doctors.  For that reason,
we are holding the resumes of those people who are not pre-registrants
until we look at the program and decide whether we have the resources to
offer the service more widely.

Some people who don’t plan to go to the Job Fair asked if they could still
contact the employers.  The answer is yes, but *after the Job Fair*.  If
you contact them now, they may try to make an appointment with you at the
Job Fair, and ask why you aren’t coming.  Embarrassing!

Dick Davis, Chair

NFB Employment Committee