[Rehab] Cane Travel Instructor Job in Connecticut

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Fri Oct 26 01:45:14 UTC 2018

Aloha Colleagues,

I am proud to be sharing a cane travel instructor job posting from the state VR agency in Connecticut. I grew up in this state and had a lot of experience with the agency, so I’m happy to be a resource if anyone wants. A few leaders of the Connecticut affiliate can be a big help, too.

You’ll notice that, as part of how Connecticut values education, the teacher pay is much better than what you find in many states, even when adjusted for cost of living.

This agency hasn’t hired a cane travel instructor since before I got my NOMC, and this opening can be our first opportunity to put an NOMC working for this agency. They’ve insisted for at least a decade that they accepted both certifications but simply didn’t have openings. Now, it’s time.

Mahalo,

Justin

Justin M. Salisbury, MA, NOMC, NCRTB, NCUEB
Legislative Committee Chair
Honolulu Chapter
National Federation of the Blind of Hawaii
Phone: 808.797.8606
Email: President at Alumni.ECU.edu<mailto:President at Alumni.ECU.edu>
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-salisbury
ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Justin_Salisbury

“Once social change begins, it cannot be reversed. You cannot un-educate the person who has learned to read. You cannot humiliate the person who feels pride. You cannot oppress the people who are not afraid anymore.”

Cesar Chavez