[Rehab] FW: [NFBMN-News] The CW / Casting Visually Impaired Male

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Fri Jul 26 21:56:01 UTC 2019

Name: Jason Crow
Email Address: jason.stcasting at gmail.com

Hello! I hope all is going well. I’m reaching out to ask for your
assistance in casting a new role on a television series for The CW Network
and CBS Studios. We are searching for talent that is VISUALLY IMPAIRED.
Please pass this email and information to members, alumni, associates,
students, etc...you think might be right or interested. I would be
incredibly grateful if you would post the notice on any message board,
Facebook, Instagram, email blast etc... Do let us know if anyone comes to
mind that you feel we should audition. PLEASE help us discover a new actor!
We are OPEN TO NEW TALENT from ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! TELEVISION SERIES
CASTING VISUALLY IMPAIRED MALE for “IN THE DARK” Role of JOSH: MALE, 20s to
early 30s. Charismatic, Cute. We are searching for an actor who is Visually
Impaired -- this to include LOW VISION (degenerating vision), LEGALLY BLIND
or Totally BLIND. Josh is smart, confident and unbothered by nonsense.
Chatting with him is like dancing double time. You gotta keep up. It’s not
easy for Josh when he learns that his sight is slowly degenerating, but
with his vibrant life of the mind, Josh may struggle, but he isn’t gonna be
victimized by his diagnosis…LARGE RECURRING GUEST STAR. First episode for
this role shoots 9/11 – 9/20 in Toronto, Canada (may work up to 5
episodes). TO AUDITION and/or ask QUESTIONS, PLEASE EMAIL:
team at inthedarkcasting.com WE’LL REPLY with answers, audition scene & info
for submitting a self-tape for “JOSH” NOTES: You DO NOT have to be a member
of the union to be considered We are OPEN TO NEW TALENT There is NEVER A
COST TO SUBMIT AN AUDITION FOR A LEGITIMATE CASTING Auditions remain
private, viewed only by casting directors, producers, studio & network “In
The Dark” airs on The CW, Season 1 is available on The CW app & is
streaming on Netflix Casting from July 8 to July 28, 2019 PROJECT DETAILS:
“IN THE DARK” (Role of JOSH), 1-hour Episodic Drama Network: The CW Studio:
CBS Studios Production Company: Red Hour Films PAY: SAG-AFTRA Union Rates
(includes transportation, flight, hotel, per diem) LOCATION: Toronto,
Canada DATES: Josh’s First Episode Shoots: 9/11 – 9/20 (may shoot up to
five episodes) Filming of Season 2 spans August 2019 to January 2020 Exec
Prods: Corinne Kingsbury, Ben Stiller, Nicky Weinstock, Jackie Cohn,
Michael Showalter, Brian Dannelly Casting: Barbara Stordahl CSA, Angela
Terry CSA, Jason Crow (Associate) Word of mouth is everything! PLEASE HELP
US SPREAD THE WORD!! Many Thanks, Jason Crow