[Rehab] 40 Employers Register for Career Fair

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Fri Jun 28 19:19:11 UTC 2019

Dear List Members,

I am happy to tell you all that 40 employers, including some large federal
agencies, have signed up for tables at our 2019 NFB Career Fair.  That
number may increase some over the next week.

I am also happy, but a little less happy, to tell you that 90 jobseekers
have registered.  That is only 50% of the number we expect to attend, and
only one week remains.  If you have not registered, you will not be able to
enter the career fair until you have done so.  I am collecting a
spreadsheet of registrants on July 5, so if you don’t register by that
time, be prepared to stand in line.  To avoid that, just go to this link
and sign up:
https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-fair

If your friends have not signed up yet, please urge them to do so.

Those individuals who registered by close of business yesterday will
receive contact information for all 40 employers, making it possible for
them to send those employers their resumes and make appointments to talk to
them.  We may be able to send the list out to new registrants next week,
say on Wednesday, if enough people register online.  People who register at
the career fair will not be able to get that information until after the
fair is over.

So that being the case, don’t you want to register if you haven’t already?
You snooze, you lose!  But we’d rather have you win, so sign up today.
Here’s the link again:

https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-fair

Best wishes,

Dick Davis, Chair