[Rehab] Zoom Trainings for Structured Discovery Instructors

Edward Bell ebell at pdrib.com
Wed Apr 8 21:32:25 UTC 2020

Topical Discussion via Zoom

We will be hosting several Zoom conference meetings specifically for
instructors and administrators using Structured Discovery methods and
principles. The purpose of these calls is for individuals to brainstorm,
problem-solve, commiserate, and to come together as a community. We may host
a large group meeting; however, we want to host several specific ones
related to your instructional area or job. In order to keep these zoom
meetings private and appropriate for participants, I am asking that you
click the following link and list your name, email address, general job
title, and any comments you may have for specific zoom topics. Using this
information, I will schedule those zoom calls for only those participants
who fit that topic area. For example, be sure to put director/coordinator,
cane travel, braille/communications, technology, or similar titles. The zoom
link will only be provided to you for the session corresponding to your work
area.

 <https://nbpcb.org/zoominvite.php> Register Here for Zoom Meeting

Following is the schedule for each instructional area: (Note: These will be
scheduled for two-hour blocks to accommodate work and time zone
preferences-You need not attend the entire session)

Center Directors/Administrators: Monday, April 13 at 4:00-6:00 p.m. Central
time.

Cane Travel Instructors: Tuesday, April 14 at 4:00-6:00 p.m. CDT

Braille/technology/communication Instructors: Wednesday, April 15 at
4:00-6:00 p.m. CDT

Home Management/ADL/ILS/Shop Instructors: Thursday, April 16 at 4:00-6:00
p.m. CDT

Rehab counselors/teachers/TBS/TVI: Friday, April 17 at 4:00-6:00 p.m. CDT

Edward C. Bell, Ph.D., CRC, NOMC, Director,

Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness

Louisiana Tech University

600 Mayfield Ave / 210 Woodard Hall

PO Box 3158

Ruston LA 71272

Office: 318.257.4554                      Fax: 318.257.2259

 <mailto:ebell at latech.edu> ebell at latech.edu  www.pdrib.com

"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of  Einstein's
brain than in the near certainty that people of equal  talent have lived and
died in cotton fields and sweatshops."

-- Stephen Jay Gould