[Rehab] Question for VR counselors working in blindness field

Grace Pires silvara at cox.net
Wed Aug 19 16:35:50 UTC 2020

Hello fellow Counselors:

I work at Service for the blind in RI. I am currently struggling with appropriately OOS category assignment. We require 4 areas to be cat 1. I am getting push back on what constitutes severe functional limitations. I would love to hear how other counselors are doing. In my opinion, blindness affects many areas. But others do not agree. It's a struggle. I am using self-report, medical documentation and my knowledge of blindness to make my determinations. I almost always get push back on work tolerance.

I am curious if other VR counselor are experiencing something similar?

Please contact me off list as this is very specific and there is no need to clutter the list.
silvara at cox.net

Grace Pires who is very frustrated.