[Rehab] FW: Job Notification from Broadcast1Source

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Tue Jan 21 20:00:18 UTC 2020

*From:* contact at broadcast1source.com [mailto:contact at broadcast1source.com]
*Sent:* Tuesday, January 21, 2020 9:59 AM
*To:* ddavis at blindinc.org
*Subject:* Job Notification from Broadcast1Source

To,
*Dick Davis*
Blind Inc.
100 E. 22nd Street
Minneapolis-55404
Minnesota

*Sent On: *1/21/2020
*Subject: *New Job listing from Rockford,IL
*From: *Theresa Wesseln
*Email: *ttruesdale at wrex.com

*Category:*
Management

*Position/Title:*
News Director

*Details:*

13 WREX is looking for a dynamic, innovative newsroom leader who is
committed to leading a group of talented journalists into the future of our
industry.

The news operation at 13 WREX is unique.  It's content-focused and thrives
off of journalists willing to think outside the box.  We don't just
document what happened - we are storytellers.

We also investigate.  WREX launched 13 Investigates in 2018 and is
committed to telling important, impactful stories that make a difference in
our local communities.  The next news director must have a passion for
seeking the truth and help identify important stories to cover in our
community.

In the past year, 13 WREX has been named Station of the Year by the
Illinois Broadcasters Association, Outstanding News Operation by the
Illinois Associated Press and the regional winner of the Edward R. Murrow
Award for Overall Excellence.  It's an honor the station has won in four
consecutive years.  We are looking for a candidate who strives for
excellence in everything they do.

*Vacancy Type:*
Full Time

*Date Posted:*
1/21/2020

*Closing Date:*
3/21/2020

*City:*
Rockford - 61105

*State:*
Illinois

*Experience:*
A minimum of 4 years of television news management experience and a college
degree in broadcast journalism is preferred.  You must be able to
demonstrate strong working knowledge of community issues, as well as sound
journalistic principles.  You must have the ability to make fast, accurate
journalistic and logistical judgements.

*Requirements:*
Other duties include hiring, coaching, supervising and evaluating news
personnel, as well as preparation and administration of newsroom budgets
and capital requests.  The news director is expected to work closely with
other department managers to achieve the company's overall performance
goals.

If you have a passion for excellence , and a burning desire to lead the
best local broadcast news operation in Rockford, Illinois, we want to hear
from you.

*Additional Information:*
WREX is part of Quincy Media, a family owned company with television
stations in 9 states. Throughout Quincy, positions are available for
candidates with all levels of experience and the advancement you are
seeking. Visit quincymediacareers.com for links to all stations and
opportunities.

*Contact:*
Please send or email your resume and cover letter to:
Josh Morgan
Station Manager
13 WREX
P.O. Box 530
Rockford, IL 61105,
jmorgan at wrex.com

*Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER*

***IMPORTANT***
This fax or email has been sent using the services provided by
Broadcast1Source. If you want to change your contact details, please
email *Theresa
Wesseln* at ttruesdale at wrex.com

If you do not wish to receive future mailings, please click here
<https://www.broadcast1source.com/ecunsubscribe.aspx?enc=v0B2d/6kPjpb68dWYfJl8BlVAo+fJGT7GH8mKwqAWfNG//bNHsNEduXRUH76A8aKx7bK6m5fysLdhoQMVUzYNanTXLQiRNH34hfmI7Gz3YU=>
to unsubscribe.