[Rehab] FW: Seeking your counsel for United Ability CEO search

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Tue Nov 17 04:07:33 UTC 2020

Dear List Members,

BoardWalk Consulting is doing a national search for a new CEO for United
Ability in Birmingham, Alabama.  This is a significant employment
opportunity for the right person.  I recommend that you enter the link
leading to the position announcement and examine the required
qualifications carefully to make sure you are qualified for it.  You are
welcome to talk to Paula Nicholas at BoardWalk consulting if you have any
questions.

Best wishes,

Dick Davis, Chair
NFB Employment Committee

I am reaching out to ask for your help with at search that BoardWalk
Consulting (www.boardwalkconsulting) has underway for the CEO for United
Ability in Birmingham, AL. The organization suffered the loss of its
beloved leader of 38 years in early June. UA’s Board of Directors has
appointed an interim CEO while the search for the CEO successor is
underway.

The next CEO will join a highly respected and solidly resourced nonprofit
with seven decades of success to its credit.  The CEO is charged with
oversight of a $12 million annual budget and a full-time staff of 185
individuals. With assets of just under $43 million and virtually no debt,
the organization is on sound footing.

We are looking for a strong leader with connection to an organization that
provides service to people with disabilities. This could be as an Executive
Director, head of operations or as a board member with a personal
connection to the mission. The search committee is open to Individuals who
have completed a successful first career in for- profit or other large
nonprofit organizations but who seek to make an impact as CEO of United
Ability.

More information is available about the position at*: *
http://bit.ly/UnitedAbilityCEO

If you have time to discuss this with me or want to make a recommendation,
I can be reached at paula at boardwalkconsulting.com or call me at
615.293.4176.

Thank you for your time. Stay well.

Regards,

Paula Nicholas

BoardWalk Consulting

[image: BWC email signature]

*Finding leaders that matter for missions that matter** ®*

O: 404.420.5851

M: 615.293.4176

paula at boardwalkconsulting.com

www.boardwalkconsulting.com