[Rehab] Helping My Student Learn Hebrew Braille

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Wed Feb 17 21:03:50 UTC 2021

Hi Lucy,

Your response is very thoughtful, and I definitely appreciate it. It appears that he and I were not doing a good enough job of articulating where he is in his learning process. Let me try that again.

He went to Hebrew school for 12 years and knows the language well, though he hasn’t used it much in a while. In his view, all he needs are the braille symbols in order to represent a language that he already knows but seldom uses now that he’s blind.

Over the past year, I have taught him the full UEB code and have him reading at about 10 to 20 words per minute. I want to support him in using braille for as many things as possible to help build his speed.

Do you have any good resources in mind?

Thanks so much!

Justin

Sent from my iPhone