[Rehab] Seeking Access Tech Teacher to pilot Test Certification Standards

Edward Bell ebell at pdrib.com
Thu Mar 10 13:53:29 UTC 2022

Seeking Access Tech Teacher to pilot Test Certification Standards

If you are currently an Access Technology teacher or trainer, have been one
in the past, or plan to be one in the future, we are seeking your
assistance.

The National Blindness Professional Certification Board (NBPCB) is working
on the development of the National Access Technology for the Blind (NCATB)
certification standards and procedures. We are close to a phase where we
need interested individuals to pilot test some of the materials that have
been developed.

What are we asking you to do: There are two components of this first pilot
test. Half of the group will be asked to provide written responses to a set
of questions related to the knowledge and teaching of Access Technology. The
other half of the group will be asked the same questions over zoom and their
approximately one hour of your time.

What is in it for me? If you "pass" the relevant sections of the exam and/or
demonstrate the competency that is being assessed you will be among the
first holders of NCATB certification free of charge, which is a $300 value.

What is the catch? Right now we are only seeking a small number of
individuals; however, we plan several levels of pilot testing. You will also
be asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement to protect the integrity of the
tasks that you will be asked to perform.

If you qualify and are interested, send an email to Dr. Edward Bell at
ebell at latech.edu <mailto:ebell at latech.edu>  Questions may also be directed
to the same address.

Edward C. Bell, Ph.D., CRC, NOMC, Director,

Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness

Louisiana Tech University

600 Mayfield Ave / 210 Woodard Hall

PO Box 3158

Ruston LA 71272

Office: 318.257.4554                      Fax: 318.257.2259

 <mailto:ebell at latech.edu> ebell at latech.edu  www.pdrib.com

"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of  Einstein's
brain than in the near certainty that people of equal  talent have lived and
died in cotton fields and sweatshops."

-- Stephen Jay Gould