[Riverside-San-Bernardino] A virtual concert you may not want to miss

Amanda Winkler awcactuscat1 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 9 17:08:46 UTC 2020

Seasons Greetings!!!

I trust that all of you had a very happy and joyous Thanksgiving despite the modifications made this year.  Though we have gone through so much this 2020 with the pandemic, social unrest, the elections, and just having to adapt to the minute by minute changes that the world has brought upon us, I’m here to tell you that the holidays are not canceled.  Though the way we gather may be different, the spirit in which we celebrate remains the same, if not stronger.  I know things may not look like it now, but we can only look forward to better times ahead.  It is for this reason that I offer you a very unique gift.  As some of you know, I have been singing with a community choral ensemble called Angel City Chorale since 2009.  We are an eclectic group of over 180 members.  We have toured the United Kingdom and South Africa.  We’ve had the privilege of singing with such people as Stevie Wonder, Luther Van Dross, Mary Chapin Carpenter, just to name a few.  We’ve sung at events such as the 2000 Democratic National Convention and most recently competed on America’s Got Talent in 2018 where, if you’re a follower of the show, we got the golden buzzer, advancing us from the preliminary rounds to the live shows in Hollywood.  Since then, we have not stopped trying to come up with fun show experiences.  Our concerts have been full to overflowing for each show.

This year however has put a lot of the performing arts at a standstill. Well, … except for us.  We have come up with a way to bring you a one of a kind experience with an awesome virtual concert.  We’re digging up some of our old favorites from our vaults, as well as introducing some new material.  How is this possible you ask?  Each member of the choir has had to submit a video, as well as an audio of their performance sung to a guide track.  These were then mixed to form some very amazing masterpieces.  In getting a sneak peak at some of the pieces, I can tell you that it is truly a treat to listen to.  So my friends, I would love for you to partake in this holiday musical extravaganza.  The concert will take place Saturday, December 12 at 6:00 PM.  It will be an hour long show filled with some of your favorites, as well as some interesting pieces.  We are pleased to bring this show virtually to you free of charge.  This show in normal times usually goes from $40 to $85.  With this free offer, you can gather as many people as you can safely gather around your streaming device.  Just think, no cramming into a packed auditorium, no dealing with transportation, no inclement weather to deal with, and what’s more, you can make this as intimate as you want.  I invite you to sign up right away.  During your sign up process, if you are so inclined, won’t you consider making a donation to offset the costs associated to bringing this program directly to you?  Please see below for instructions on signing up and supporting us.

1. In your browser of choice, go to https://angelcitychorale.org/angels-sing/<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fangelcitychorale.org%2Fangels-sing%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7Cf7905d3ef7364c07a2c608d89b917ddc%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C1%7C637430396472367001%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=a8bpTxdiRrLiy6OdomyWfbhxUuuWUfET3Ge%2FXxV18Ts%3D&reserved=0>
2. You will be directed to EventBrite to register for the concert.  Feel free to read about the concert and make your choices accordingly.  You can choose to make a donation, or register for this event for free.  As you will read on the page, a donation of $50 or more will give you access to the concert preshow where you’ll see how the show was put together and hear some awesome bloopers.  Top donors of $300 or more will get a special after party invite where you can interact with our Conductor, producers, and soloists. Those invites will be sent a few days before the event.  Assuming you want to watch the concert without making a donation, scroll down until you hear the heading titled “Free RSVP.
3.  In the quantity field, , feel free to make your selection using the appropriate radio buttons.  NOTE: the beauty of this event is that you need not select more than one if multiple members of your household will be watching from one device.
4.  Tab to donation input field and enter your donation amount.  If you are not donating, type in 0.00.
5.  Tab until you hear checkout button and hit enter.
6.  You will be brought to a page where you will fill out your contact details, as well as any payment if you’ve indicated an amount to donate.  Please fill out as thoroughly as possible to ensure you get pertinent follow up and log in instructions on the day of the concert.
7.  Where it asks how you heard about the concert, choose the ACC member option and tab to the next edit field and enter my name.
8.  Finally, There are two check boxes that are optional to check.  The first will opt you into our direct communication where we will update you on all things Angel City Chorale.  We will not bombard you with useless spam, I promise.  The second will allow eventBrite to send you their own promotions.  Whatever you choose, I invite you to subscribe to our mailings.  Once you check the appropriate boxes, Simply tab to the register button and hit enter.

That’s all you need.  You’ll get two emails from EventBrite with details of your order.  On the day of the concert, shortly before it begins, you will receive an email with a link to view the concert via YouTube.
In the meantime, check us out at It's Not the Holidays 'til the Angels Sing - The Virtual Concert (Promo Video) - YouTube<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzeMhIk7lESk&data=04%7C01%7C%7Cf7905d3ef7364c07a2c608d89b917ddc%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C1%7C637430396472371985%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=TLJqoI%2BTvIhgsrqkg%2FfOVu2stToU9womJy9B%2BunAiEs%3D&reserved=0>
Should you have any questions or need help registering, please email me off line at g.robles1 at me.com<mailto:g.robles1 at me.com>, or give me a call at (323) 490-5753.  Here’s wishing you the happiest of holidays this season, and remember, IT’S NOT THE HOLIDAYS ‘TILL THE ANGELS SING!!!

Best,
Guillermo Robles