[Riverside-San-Bernardino] Fwd: Friendly Reminder, zoom meeting link, and minutes. Please Read!

Kelly Hill kellmaster1 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 13 14:35:03 UTC 2021

This originally came from Paulina on Wednesday.
Good Afternoon All

This is a friendly reminder that the Riverside San Bernardino Chapter is having our monthly meeting.
When: Saturday February 13
Time: 10 AM to 12 PM.
Where Via Zoom:

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83832495304<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fus02web.zoom.us%2Fj%2F83832495304&data=04%7C01%7C%7Cb3df4794928f41764da708d8ce0fddf6%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637485914856909420%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=7POc%2FKsnAyguM8KslTBGGkntopyh30qSd4s673ysl9I%3D&reserved=0>

Meeting ID: 838 3249 5304
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,83832495304# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,83832495304# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 838 3249 5304
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kvS1QmltP<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fus02web.zoom.us%2Fu%2FkvS1QmltP&data=04%7C01%7C%7Cb3df4794928f41764da708d8ce0fddf6%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637485914856909420%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=TjChsVx3EEfd6IINwXhOFf5kS1gzqo1IfgEqxie%2FiT0%3D&reserved=0>

If anyone has difficulties with Zoom contact me, carmen, or reply to this email.
Looking forward to seeing you all there!!
I am also providing the minutes below for you all to review. Please review the minutes before the meeting this Saturday and If you have any questions, we will discuss them in the meeting.

Hope you are all safe and well.

Paulina Vazquez Secretary
Carmen Weatherly President

Minutes:
Riverside San Bernardino Chapter Minutes for January 9, 2021

Minutes:

Meeting came to order at 10:08 AM.

Recited pledge: I pledge to participate actively, in the efforts of the National Federation of the Blind, to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind, to support the policies and programs of the Federation, and to abide by its Constitution.

Roll call: Carmen, Kelly, Sylvia, Barbra, Francina, Amanda, Paulina.

Secretary report: Paulina read the minutes for the previous month’s meeting.
Motioned to approve minutes as read. Moved by Kelly. Seconded by Silvia. All agreed.

Treasury Report: As of January 9 (As of November due to lack of meeting in December) 781.31

Carmen discussed our Chapter name as Riverside San Bernardino Chapter. This was due to conflicts with other chapters like River City as it pertained to the NFB of California website.

Old Business: Carmen asked If anyone read the Presidential release. Paulina along with other members said the release was unavailable.

Carmen asked If anyone would like to summarize the Presidential release. This way we can discuss the release in our meetings. Kelly stated that it should be changed from member to member so one person is not doing it by themselves. Kelly will be the first person to summarize at the next meeting. Then, next month this will change to another member.

Carmen stated that due to the new year they have not heard from the Secretary of state regarding changing the officers for our Chapter. Specifically, our bank signatures. This is related to changing for our bank account for the Chapter. Carmen stated that this is only for the taxes to the Secretary of State.

We further discussed the issue.  Our Chapter has been paid but not updated. Carmen will call the bank and let the President know If it was not updated.

Carmen is considering PayPal as a form of accepting payments for our Chapter such as dues. She also explained how we have zelle, apple pay, etc. However, PayPal does have a fee when sending money.

Carmen mentioned the zoom account. She discussed when we had the meeting last month, we discussed getting a zoom account. She explained that our officer meeting held via zoom. Audio and connection were great. Carmen explained that we were going to ask all the members to donate towards the Zoom license. Carmen mentioned that we have 20 members.  Carmen asked what we would like to do regarding the zoom account. Silvia asked If we get the zoom account. Does that mean everybody pay their portion including the people who are not on the call? Carmen explained that If we vote on that a letter will be sent out, and If they do not pay, we will talk about it then. Kelly suggested if we decide to get it If they do not pay, we can take it out of the treasury, but we may not get all of it back. Suggest that we ask for donations. Carmen asked If we pay the account out of our treasury that we still ask for donations. Carmen asked for clarification regarding If we ask for donations if it will be 7.50. Kelly stated that it should be for $10 to offset cost. Carmen agreed and mentioned Kelly discussing it in the officers meeting. Francina asked when the cutoff date will be for the money? Paulina discussed having it done by March in case of issues with people or getting the money or any other problems? Carmen asked If it would be March the 1st or by the March meeting. Angela and Kelly suggested by the March meeting. Paulina asked for clarifications regarding donations and the date as March 13th. Kelly and all agreed. The deadline is March 13 to receive for donations. Kelly asked If we purchased the zoom license when would we start using in February or March? Francina and Silvia asked when the date is in February? The date is February 13th. Carmen asked for a motion for purchase $149.99. Angela motioned. Second Paulina and Silvia. Motioned passed. We will purchase the zoom account for $149.99. Silvia asked If it annual. Kelly stated it was annual. A discussion was had regarding using zoom all agreed to use in February for our meeting.

New Business: Carmen stated that national convention at this time looks like it is going to be virtual. However, they are also looking into other options, but it will still be streamed.
Washington seminar February 9-11. Carmen stated that they have enough members. The great gathering is February 8 at 5 PM Pacific. It will be virtual. Carmen stated that we can is sit in as they speak to Congress. She stated that it would be great for all members. Angela stated she would like to sit in as the speak to Congress. The issues that they will talk about AMIHI, and Ataa. Silvia asked when the acronyms mean. Assist technology. Kelly explained that it is a tax credit for purchasing assistive technology. Paulina explained the cost of assistive technology such as Jaws. Silvia asked how much it for Washington seminar is. Carmen stated when she went to it was a $1000. Silvia asked If there is a payment due to the fact it is virtual. Carmen restated that since it is virtual it is free. Carmen also explains that they are allowing us to listen to them speaking to Congress. Kelly explained that Washington seminar that in the past people would get training the issues and talking points when speaking to Congress. This includes an itinerary and meeting with 2 or 3 people. Carmen explained that once they approve you to go, they have meetings, past us off into teams with 3-4 people, and provided you with 3 congressional members and a Senator. One you know you will be speaking to you start calling their officer and get an appointment. Once you get their appointment you meet throughout the week with Congress members. This starts in November. The members you are working with you need to make sure that you do not have conflicting appointments. You go with the 3 other members. Depending on If they are there or not you may see a Congressional legislative aid. This takes place within 2-3 days. We go from one appointment to another for each member. A schedule is done provided. You must go see everyone's Congressional member or Senator. We asked for sponsorship. Once you find out how many are Cosponsor you come back and ask Chapters to call Congressional members to help with gaining COESPONSERSHIP. Angella asked If we have to pay. Kelly and Carmen explained you pay UPFRONT and they give it to you on the third or sooner. Carmen asked If you are on the MAILING LIST            for NFbC. Angela Silvia said no. Carmen said If you need help to ask. Silvia mentioned how cold it is. Carmen stated that through October through November you are on a conference call with all the members studying and discussing issues. This discussion includes what to wear. Carmen says they use cabs to get to the building. Angela asked is that included in the grant using the cab. Carmen it is out of your pocket. Carmen stated that food is really coming out of your pocket. Air fare is included with the Grant. Carmen mentioned that the President said that NFB facemask is available at the Independence Market. Silvia asked what kind? Carmen said she did not know. She said is a minimum blue with the NFB logo in the center. Carmen said that the President that department of transportation on their final ruling with transportation with service animals. Kelly asked no more emotional support animals. They are working on that. Carmen asked If the officers read the membership tools. Kelly and Amanda said yes. Carmen said we will have one of the board members to help us. Amanda mentioned the who we are letter. Carmen asked as far as the member letter for members to read. Carmen asked for a meeting date. Kelly suggested any Thursday at 6. Carmen mentioned the pledge cards in braille and large print. Amanda asked If CAN Get IT through independence market. Carmen stated yes. Carmen mentioned have this is where we are going TO start membership building. Carmen mentioned the letter regarding the sexual harassment and sexual abuse. She asked If ANYONE read the letter. Silvia, Paulina, and Amanda read it. Carmen mentioned being a part of a group that she is a in to create a way to keep someone from being a part of the Federation. Amanda mentioned using names as a solution can be a problem because of how commonality. Carmen stated that they will not be using names. She also mentioned having solutions. Carmen mentioned creating a partnership with RAIN. Stated that we need solution, or any ideas to help the situation. A letter we be sent to National with solutions. Carmen stated that If you do have any ideas or solution to let Carmen know. Kelly mentioned the amending the Constitution and changing dues for 2022. Officers are working on it and Carmen is in touch with people from the State. Withies have a template that we go by and once we get it done. We have set the deadline by April including signing. Getting information from the State and waiting on that. Carmen called national and stated that she will get the information for the correct person. She said that they are CONSIDERING changing the Constitution at National. As soon as Carmen receives it the officers will have it.

Book Club: Nothing was finalized. Carmen mentioned reading Walking Alone Marching Together. Silvia is also reading it in addition to how the organization got started.

Carmen motioned to adjourn the meeting. All agreed.
Meeting ended at 12:15 PM.

Sent from Mail<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgo.microsoft.com%2Ffwlink%2F%3FLinkId%3D550986&data=04%7C01%7C%7Cb3df4794928f41764da708d8ce0fddf6%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637485914856919378%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=CmfyVAMjVLDmSxqOvhgh3QJLgRaPYB5mxItkdHZcrko%3D&reserved=0> for Windows 10

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Riverside-San-Bernardino:
%(user_optionsurl)s