[Riverside-San-Bernardino] Friendly Reminder and Minutes for May 8 Meeting.

Paulina Vazquez paulinav557 at gmail.com
Wed May 5 22:51:29 UTC 2021

	Good Afternoon All,

This is a friendly reminder that the Riverside San Bernardino Chapter
is having our monthly meeting.
When: Saturday May 8, 2021
Time: 10 AM to 12 PM.
Where: Via zoom.
Topic: Riverside San Bernardino Chapter's Zoom Meeting
Time: May 8, 2021 10:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85968830580?pwd=Zkl3aFN4M2JnYWFBWFVubnowMkRuZz09

Meeting ID: 859 6883 0580
Passcode: 564484
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,85968830580#,,,,*564484# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,85968830580#,,,,*564484# US (Tacoma)

I have provided the minutes from our previous meeting. Please ensure
to read them prior to Saturday!!

See you Saturday!!

Paulina Vazquez Secretary
Carmen Weatherly President

Minutes:

Meeting came to order at 10:11 AM.

Roll call: Carmen, Tippy, Angela, Sylvia, Kelly, Amanda, Jordan,
Barbra, and Paulina.

Recited The pledge.

Secretaries report: Moved by Sylvia, second by Barbra to approve the
previous month minutes as read. All agreed.

Treasury Report: As of April 10, 2021: Total: $1,056.41.

Old Business: National convention July 6-10th. Rookie round up June
29th at 8:30 EST. 5:30 PST. Discussion took place regarding
registration for convention.

Bell Academy:
First June 7-18 Session 2 July 19-30 Session 3: August 9-20Th.
 For more information Call Debby Worstman: Number: 530-646-6149
Background check will be conducted.

Constitution:
Carmen stated Constitution has been finalized at the national level.
Carmen stated we need a committee. Kelly said he would help. If you
want to be apart call Carmen.

DOR Personal Goals:
Carmen stated regarding personal goals program. Stated to call DOR via
phone 951782-6650. They serve the Inland Empire. It is important to
know what you need, such as requiring personal devices like computers,
kitchen aids, etc. Further discussion was had regarding personal goals
in relation to other programs such as blind field services. Carmen
stated making sure to mention we are blind.
Zoom Account donation:
Carmen stated we needed to only pay $24.90 as a Chapter.
Double Good Fundraiser:
Carmen stated we cannot do the fundraiser for an entire 30 days. We
can only do the fundraiser for 4 days. The money will not be received
into our account until the 4 days are up and it is calculated. As soon
as the link is sent to us, we share to everyone including NFBC list,
mailing list, friends, etc. Further discussion was regarding length of
time for fundraiser. Carmen, Paulina, Barbra, Tippy, Kelly, agreed.
Paulina will help in addition to Barbra.

New Business:
BSS is providing vaccination. Angela discussed a recall of the Johnson
and Johnson due to complications. BSS was supposed to provide that
vaccine on April 14-16th.  Angela will discuss with someone on Monday
and let us know. Amanda provided a link to vaccination registration.
She encourages people to call prior to registering.

Sunshine Card:
Tippy wished both Melinda Davies, by phone and an early happy birthday to Kelly.

Technology Session:
Paulina mentioned originally holding zoom refresher for PC. was to do
April 22, 2021 at 6 Pm. However, technology session could not take
place due to vaccine side effects. Suggested having the zoom refresher
on April 29, 2021 6 PM. All agreed.

Social Book Club:
Date: April 16, 2021 6 PM.
Book: Walking Alone Marching Together. Reading Chapter 1-5. Questions
will be asked. Be prepared! Friendly reminder will be placed on the
email list tonight. Link will be sent on Wednesday to avoid confusion.
Presidential release: Carmen asked for someone to summarize in May.
Jordan will summarize in May.
Tippy summarized Presidential Release 504 April 1, 2021.
Topics include: Access technology, for the people act, vaccinations,
survivors of sexual, abuse, blind Muslim speaker, mentoring program
within your state more information will be provided regarding
mentoring, etc.
Door Prizes for Convention:
Carmen mentioned DOR prizes for convention. Asked If we going to send
a door prize as a Chapter to national convention? Discussion was had
regarding sending $25 for a donation to be sent to national
convention. Moved by Barbra, second by Tippy. All Agreed.
Address:
200 E. Wells St. Baltimore Maryland 21230

Template letter to Senators Regarding Proposed Bills:
Can be found under policies statement on www.nfb.org
You can also call our Senators as they want them amended before they pass.

Aira:
Paulina mentioned how you can get Aira at 500 minutes per month.
However, I recently learned they are no longer accepting applications.

Celebrated Kelly’s birthday by saying happy birthday.

Carmen asked to adjourn the meeting. Moved by Kelly. Second by many. All agreed.

Meeting ended at 11:23 AM.