[Riverside-San-Bernardino] Important Mini Convention Information

Carmen Weatherly cweatherly101 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 01:57:51 UTC 2023

Hello Chapter members, officers and board members,

Below is very important information as our mini-convention is rapidly approaching; Saturday, November 4th from 4:00PM to 7:00PM.

First, if you have not registered, I urge you to please, please do so. There will be guest speakers, door prizes, voting for board members positions and much, much more. Please join me and others. See the registration link below.

https://www.nfbcal.org/mini-virtual-convention/

Second, Voting: because our state constitution requires the election of some board members in even-numbered years, board positions currently held by Veronica Martinez, Cheryl Thurston, Michael Richardson, and Karen Steele will be up for election.  Veronica Martinez is not seeking reelection.
Your vote is needed.
Third, delegate information:  as in the 2021 election, All will vote initially by a raise hand in Zoom. However If there is not a super majority winner by 75% or more of the votes cast, there will be a roll-call of delegates/alternates.  As president of the senior division I will be the delegate to vote in representation of the members of the senior division. Charlotte Carroll will be the alternate delegate and will vote if I am unavailable to do so. Both Charlotte and I will support the selections made by the nominating committee. Any concerns, please let me know before Saturday, November 4th by 4:00PM.

Again, please register and be ready to vote and take part in the festivities.
I look forward to seeing you at the virtual mini-convention on Saturday, November 4th.

Carmen Weatherly, President, NFB of California Riverside San Bernadino Chapter
Email: cweatherly101 at gmail.com
Cell: (909)486-2004
You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.