[Small-Appliance-Cooking] need idea for new toaster oven

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Sun Mar 8 20:06:01 UTC 2020

Actually, the Black & Decker brand name is now owned by Spectrum brands,
which purchased the rights to use it from the power tools company,
Stanley Black & Decker, which originally purchased GE's small appliance
division from GE years ago after cEO Jack Welch, who passed away a few
days ago, decided to get out of the small appliance business.  GE
recently sold its large appliance business to Electrolux, and is no
longer in the consumer appliance business.  But not to worry.  Spectrum
Brands has the best customer service I have ever encountered from an
appliance company.  A few years ago, I purchased a Black & Decker
toaster oven on Amazon.  Within three months, the mechanical timer
stopped working, and I posted a review of this model on the Amazon
review page and lamented that although I was otherwise very satisfied
with this toaster oven, I was not happy that the timer had failed so
prematurely.  Well, a few days later, I received an email from a
customer service rep from Spectrum Brands who had apparently read my
review.  He offered to send me a brand new toaster oven rightaway, no
questions asked.  He even offered to send me a better unit than the one
I had originally purchased.  A week later, a brand new high-end
mechanical toaster oven was delivered to my door.  That's really going
the extra mile.

Gerald