[Social-sciences-list] Welcome and Introductions

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 04:31:31 UTC 2012

Hi all,
As the moderator for this new social-sciences list, I first want to
welcome everyone who joined. I noticed about 25 email addresses on the
subscription roster and thought it might be nice if everyone could
briefly introduce themselves and perhaps say a bit about what you are
hoping to get out of being on the social-sciences list.
My name is Arielle Silverman, and I am a doctoral student in
experimental social psychology at the University of Colorado in
Boulder. I am planning to graduate in the spring of 2014 and am
interested in becoming a research professor either at a university or
at an institute which studies disability issues. My primary goal is to
investigate the underlying causes of the psychological barriers that
people with disabilities face to integration, both the barriers that
we have internalized ourselves and the ones that come from negative
social attitudes. The bulk of my research training has been
quantitative, although I would like to eventually collaborate with
qualitative scientists as well.
I look forward to hearing from you and learning who you are!
Best,
Arielle