[Social-sciences-list] Introduction

Donald H. Shepherd donaldshepherd7 at aol.com
Wed Jul 25 23:54:41 UTC 2012

My advisor was L. R. Sloan at the University of Notre Dame.  He later moved
to Howard U.

I taught for 6 years at a small liberal arts college.  We had only 3
full-time faculty in the psych. Department.  It was more geared to teaching
than research, but I managed to turn out 2 publications while I was there.
I don't think either of them was that good.  The best one was with a student
in the area of dress for success looking at hiring decisions and clothing
style.

>Hi Donald,

>Welcome and I'm glad to see another blind social psychologist here.

>Who was your advisor when you were getting your Ph.D.? Also, did you work
as a university professor or have you always >had nonacademic positions?