[Social-sciences-list] [BlindAcademics] Math Teaching Techniques

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 20:19:13 UTC 2012

Thanks everyone for the helpful teaching suggestions. Right now my
questions are still pretty abstract since I don't even know if I want
a  position that includes teaching. However, it's good to know that
several blind people have successfully handled these  issues in case
questions come up in a job interview. If I do get a teaching position,
then I will probably have more specific questions.
I would plan to use PowerPoint a lot. One issue is that I have been
totally blind since birth, and can barely sign my own name, hence I
would not trust myself to draw anything and  expect it to be of
educational value to others.
I like the  idea of making the classes interactive, but I am curious
how easy this is to do in a lecture of 350 students?
Best,
Arielle