[Social-sciences-list] Marching

Christine Szostak szostak.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Tue Jul 30 09:19:33 UTC 2013

Hi,
  Thanks! It is heavily teaching oriented with a 4/4 teaching load throughout the year. Tenure requires consistent strength in teaching as shown via evaluations... as well as regular service and professional growth . They noted that tenure typically takes about 5-6 years to obtain. Although it is teaching oriented, they do encourage some research and provide some funding, though I am not certain of the exact specifications. Because I am more heavily interested in the teaching side, the amount of research space is not yet fully known. As for reader and other accommodations, I am working those out with the school at present, though they sound like they are quite willing to offer me the vast majority of TA-type services I  could want. The dept of vision services is providing me with JAWS, OB, and potentially a BN (hopefully with GPS), though I am still waiting to hear whether that one will occur.
Have a wonderful week!
Christine

Christine M. Szostak, PhD
Psychologist, Instructor, and Professional Consultant
http://findingthevision.wikidot.com
http://researchconsulting.wikidot.com