[Social-sciences-list] Qualitative data analysis software

Tasha Raella Chemel tasha.chemel at gmail.com
Mon May 15 13:06:06 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I know this has come up before, but I am  mostllikely going to get denied a
job because I am unable to use qualitative data analysis software (in this
case, Atlas). I have told the employer that I can code in Excel, which they
are fine with, but in order for my work to be useful to them, it needs to be
transferred from Excel to Atlas, and my employer most likely won't pay
someone to do this because this is a low-paying, part-time summer job.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Is there an automated method of
transferring coded interview transcripts   from Excel to Atlas? IF not, is
anyone  currently working with an assistant who is familiar with this
process and who would want more work? Maybe my employer would be more
willing to pay someone if I found them myself. Any advice would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,

Tasha