[Social-sciences-list] Structure equation modeling.

faiz rasool faiz7r at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 17:50:06 UTC 2018

Hello all,

 My apologies  to those who have read a similar message from me on
Blind Math  email list.

Sending a message on this list under the assumption that some  members
may not be on the blind math list, and may have something to
recommend.

I  need to  analyse data using structure equation modelsing. Initially
I tried using IBm amos, but, I find that Amos cannot be used without
sighted assistance. Amos first requires the user to draw the model,
which  is possible using a mouse. Jaws is reading menus fine in Amos,
but, considering that I cannot use a mouse to draw a diagram of  the
model, Amos is not working for me.

On the blindmath email list, I have been recommended  to explore R,
and as I type this, I have a tutorial  opened  about the SEM package
in R.

Are there any other accessible options available for performing
structure equation models? I do not mind learning R or syntax of any
other program, but the   data analysis is for my thesis, so, if there
is a way that I can use a GUI to perform SEM, it will save time.

Regards,
Faiz.