[Sportsandrec] list behaviors

Lisamaria Martinez, NOMC lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 01:06:18 UTC 2008

Hi Everyone

Just as a gentle reminder:

1.  Please don't use our listserv to carry on a  conversation with someone else. Remember, every time you post a message  to Suzie to ask her how her dog is doing, a hundred other people on the list  have to open the message, then realize you are talking to one specific person,  not to the list in general.  Postings to the list should be messages that  will be of interest to everyone.  If you want to send a message to Suzie,  learn her E-mail address and don't bother another hundred people with your  personal conversation.

2.  Secondly, please do not post one word responses to another message.  Or maybe the  response is several words or just a short sentence, but nothing that everyone  needs to see.  For example, do you need to send to the list, in response  to another message, "Thanks for the info."  Again, every time someone  does that, another hundred people have to open the message to find that  opening the message was a waste of time.  Other examples are "Good idea"  or "I'll do that."  Remember how the list works:  those trivial  comments require everyone else on the list to open the message to find it's  probably useless information to them.  Again, if you feel the need to  give a personal comment to the person who wrote the message, contact them  off-list, sending your response to their personal E-mail address.

3  Please be certain that all emails are civel and not profane. In other words, please use language on this listserv that will not offend others. Otherwise, Christella and/or I will have to arm bar someone into submission.

4. Keep this list blindness related.

Thanks everyone for abiding by these reminders. We want to keep this list open and friendly to all.

Your president,
Lisamaria