[Sportsandrec] dance lessons

Haben Girma hgirma at lclark.edu
Mon Dec 22 04:55:44 UTC 2008

I've taken a lot of dancing. I did ballet and jazz when I was younger,
and I've had ballroom and country line dance classes here in college. I
also go contra dancing about once a month at the Portland Community
Center. I can always hear some of the music, but sometimes I can't hear
the beat. In those cases I just keep track of the beat in my head and
listen to the cues of my dance partner's hands. Ahsley, even if you are
not the best follower, the best way for you to learn is to be the
demonstrator in class. The instructor is going to pick a student to use
for demonstrations anyways, so why not pick the student who needs
hands-on instruction? The other students will learn by watching the
teacher and demonstrator, so it works out for everyone.