[Sportsandrec] dance lessons

Joe Shaw jrs3147 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 22 05:39:47 UTC 2008

Ashley,
I took ballroom in high school and we were lucky to have several instructors
who were descriptive and partners who weren't shy about explaining as you
went. I bet this is true in most classes. Our leader, LisaMaria, lists
dancing as a favorite hobby and I bet could regail us with many dance yarns,
my chair is pulled up.
My favorite "dancing" story to share is for my 19th birthday my best friend
took  me to see Megadeth. There were no chairs and we went to the moshpit. I
am no huge fan of ballroom but slamdancing and blind people are like hand
and glove. I bounced around as I wanted and everybody bounced into me or got
the heck out of the way. I still like to jump at metal shows. Also, I have
found the metal crowds to be my favorites. I go to many concerts and the
"freaks" embrace our differences and pay virtually no attention to them
whatsoever. In my experience, the snooty wine cheese crowd, whom I dig as
well, are much more aware of my "difference" than are the live and let live
cats at metal shows. I find that I enjoy the jam scene as well. Oops, there
was a rant (smile)
As for your parents fearing for you to do such, as long as it is not a
dangerous to you or others behavior, I say go for them. Not just your
parents, rarely listen to others objections or fears, be guided by your own,
get out of your comfort zone as often as possible, and wear sunscreen lol.
"I'd like to get some sleep before I travel" "But if you got a warrent" "I
guess you're gonna come in" Truckin Grateful Dead
It looks as if the new trend for me is to end with a lyric, I'll do it til I
tire of it, feel free to join me.
Night!
Joe