[Sportsandrec] Voting problems lucas county

annie Sawicki seahorse5 at mac.com
Wed Nov 5 02:54:32 UTC 2008

As I brought in 2 visually impaired people to vote, I ran in to make
sure the head phones were set up. Though people were kind, they
apologized profusely for polling booth zero (the accessible booth) as
it was not set up and able bodied people were voting away. One voter
was standing on the head phone. The polling folks were mortified. I
suggested quietly that this should have been set up per the manual
that he showed me, the night before. Then a Barack Obama supporter
came up and asked to vote for one of the guests I brought.

The one individual was very upset of the situation and did not want
someone vote for her. I had no idea what to do and was suggested to
call the Board of Elections which I did.All in all, Lucas County was
not sensitive to accessibility issues and we have a way to go in
future years.