[Sportsandrec] 2009 judo training camp information

judoheidi at earthlink.net judoheidi at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 6 22:51:31 UTC 2008

Hi Everett,
One of the great things about judo is that it is accessible to people with all levels of health, fitness, ability, disability, etc.  I have a 4 year old in my class and a 65 year old, as well as 5 visually impaired/blind students. I know a man with 1 leg who competes regularly and has a black belt.  There are clubs that have classes for people with intellectual disabilities as well.  Judo can be adjusteed to fit your body type and abilities to a great extent. If you can't twist this way, you can move your hips over and do it another way, etc.  Given your situation, you would need to start out slow, stretch A LOT, and probably start a walking/jogging program.  Work your way into it and don't worry about becoming a world champion or anything. Do judo for the love of it. It is a great sport and will be nothing but good for you. Email me at judoheidi at earthlink.net if you need help locating a dojo in your area!

Heidi