[Sportsandrec] judo is Awesome

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 11 12:47:13 UTC 2008

Ashley and others,

I grew up practicing gymnastics, in which one must be versed in the
art of safe, non-injuring ways of falling. I wouldn't trade that very
useful skill for anything.
As Ashley has pointed out, being a comfortable faller has been one of
the reasons life itself, doesn't seem all that debilitating, whereas
the unskilled faller may have more injuries, which probably could
have been avoided with good falling skills.