[Sportsandrec] Road Racing

James Fetter jfetter at nd.edu
Fri Apr 17 19:02:43 UTC 2009

I would tend to agree. Besides, in any sport with a guide, you can only
go as fast as your guide is capable of going. So unless your guide
happens to be an Olympic gold medalist, it is going to be very difficult
for a totally blind runner to compete at that level. The same goes for
swimming, unless your tapper is 100% accurate all the time. However,
there is no reason for a totally blind rummer/swimmer not to compete
against sighted athletes at the collegiate or masters level.
James