[Sportsandrec] beeping & adapting balls

Lori M. Miller lori at asmodean.net
Fri Apr 24 02:12:27 UTC 2009

Mike,

I do not believe that a goalball or ball with bells would be equivalent to a
beeping ball simply because if moving fast it is difficult to hear the bells
and I know that from playing basketball with a basketball with bells, it
doesn't really make it that much easier, but I suppose one could always try.
It just may not be the thing for me, but might work just fine for others.

I think the easiest ball to put bells in might be a tennis ball. I've had to
cut an x in tennis balls in order to stick them on the tip of a cane or
broom handle to make a tapper for swimming. You could probably slip a bell
or two in through an x and you would not have to reseal it if the cuts are
not too big. A little smaller surface area to hit, but not far off from the
size of a standard baseball.

Lori