[Sportsandrec] Tucson beep baseball mini-tournament

Ron & the bears rockthebike at usfamily.net
Tue Apr 28 18:13:50 UTC 2009

Hi Jennifer,

So, are you going to ride the century on Sunday?

The bears and I wish you a steady and comfortable ride. Don't let the
excitement of the crowds cause you to ride too fast early on. Go
conservative and you will have more at the end of the ride. If you are
feeling fresh at the 90-mile mark, then you might begin to drop the hammer
more as you begin to smell the barn. Eat and drink at every stop. Keep 'em
short. Don't forget to eat the salty snacks, you will need electrolytes.
open some energy bars and put them in your jersey pockets. They are easier
to grab with one hand, while riding. Ask to borrow a jersey. You will be
more comfortable wearing one. Maybe your pilot has a matching one? Can you
get out for a moderate ride this week? It will help you prepare and ensure
that the bike feels right to you. Call me for more tips or any questions.
These rides are as much, if not more mental than physical.

Keep your foot hard on the pedal. Jen, never mind them brakes.
Let it all hang out 'cause we got a run to make.
So you got to dodge 'em and you got to duck 'em,
you got to keep that tandem truckin'.
Just put that hammer down and give it hell.

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin',
we're gonna do what they say can't be done.
We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there.
I'm east bound, just watch ol' \"Bandit\" run.

Modified from East Bound and Down, Jerry Reed

Best,

Ron & the banjo pickin' and grinnin' bears
Austin, TX
5one2 4one9 one37two
rock the bike at us family dot net

Jennifer Boylan wrote, "Found out today that I have a tandem pilot for the
: Delta Century May 3.  He wants me to ride the full century.  I am
: DEFINITELY  investing in the bike shorts this time.  Catch up with you all
: next week, going to pack.  Jennifer"

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---