[Sportsandrec] Students at the NFB Youth Slam Recount Their SportsExperiences!

Justin Williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 03:13:13 UTC 2009

Great job joe.  You're the man.
Outstanding.

-----Original Message-----
From: sportsandrec-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:sportsandrec-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Joe Shaw
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 10:34 PM
To: Sports and Recreation for the Blind Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Sportsandrec] Students at the NFB Youth Slam Recount Their
SportsExperiences!

Yo, yo, yo, let me speak on this!
I had a Slammin time with the Youth in College Park!
I had three great mentees in Jason Capodi from New Jersey, Jose Zamora from
Washington, and Daniel Collins from Georgia. They were really neat guys with

whom I shall stay in touch.
We did get our sport on. Natalie Sha Heeeeeeeen and I led goalball which was

very fun. Greg and LM knocked out judo. There was basketball, a star watch,
board games, and frisby on "sports night" It was a blast.
Rec X brought the before mentioned activities. I love the moon bounce which
I do here in Nashville with my daughter all the time and yeppers, I rode the

mechanical bull. Seven seconds baby! I could have lasted much longer the
second time.  I was in a hurry trying to make sure I made all the events.
Yes sports and recreation is being made a true part of the Federation and it

is largely because of the planning of people in this division. I know people

who plan this event are on this list. Several of us are friends with the
planners and worked ideas into the mind-frame as well as the education team
has athletic members. I know Karen is an athlete. Jesse Hartle is an
athlete. Natalie is a beast who I am a little afraid of.
My favorite thing personally is I made a couple friends I will take with me
for a long time. LisaMaria and I became better friends. She is a good person

who is easy to be around and Greg Dewall is one of the highest quality human

beings I have met in a long time. Our senses of humor mesh well together. He

is really funny, has a lot to offer in the way of advice and conversation,
and he's just a really nice guy.
It was a great program overall which was well put together by the staff. I
am proud to call myself part of the organization. I learned a lot and had a
ton of fun. Alrite kids, the rest ya had to be there.
"Slam, da, du, da" "Let the boys be boys!" Slam Onyx
JSNM