[Sportsandrec] My biking story...

Karen Zakhnini kaycee510 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 14 07:33:46 UTC 2009

Kelly,

I'm sorry to hear about your accident!  I wish you the best in your recovery and hope to hear that you are back on your feet and working out soon.  Good luck!

Karen> From: kthornbury at bresnan.net> To: sportsandrec at nfbnet.org> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:25:18 -0700> Subject: [Sportsandrec] My biking story...> > Well, I was not on the bike, only an innocent pedestrian walking on campus when...> > Out of nowhere a collision with a butt-mutt (keeping it PG here) on a bike hits me head on trying to swerve through pedestrians on an icy sidewalk. > > Two broken fingers, dislocated knee cap, three broken bones in my foot, and exploratory surgery yesterday for possible internal bleeding...Please people, do not ride your bikes on the sidewalks. > > Oh yeah, he wasn't wearing a helmet, and was lucky to get away with only a minor concussion. So, normally I would say "Wear your helmets..." but this guy should be a candidate for Darwin's survival of the dumbest." > > So, no workouts for at least six weeks, and not a whole lot of typing (I've returned to my 'hunt and peck' days. > > Kel on the DL> > PS- NMO, my favorite topic is exercise, cellular level adaptations up to competition training, with a life-mission to get JSNM to drink water...Hi Joe...Wish I had your 60 pounds over me, I could have inflicted some serious damage. > > > > _______________________________________________> Sportsandrec mailing list> Sportsandrec at nfbnet.org> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/sportsandrec_nfbnet.org> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Sportsandrec:> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/sportsandrec_nfbnet.org/kaycee510%40hotmail.com