[Sportsandrec] Beep Baseball Regs

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 1 02:51:49 UTC 2009

Good evening again everyone,

    We had both blind and sighted pitchers. The statements below bode well
for the concern I've raised. Sighted people believe blind people can't pitch
the ball and the blind players lap it up.

    Being smacked by a beep ball is no more a big deal than a sighted player
having the same experience. In fact some players have been killed by
well-aimed fast balls that struck them. Big deal!! They don't complain about
it. They recognize that it comes with the game and play ball! The blind
should do likewise!

Peter Donahue