[Sportsandrec] Beep Baseball Question and Joe's Lunch...

Thornbury, Kelly kthornbury at bresnan.net
Sat Jan 3 20:36:20 UTC 2009

Is there anything in Beep Baseball regs that would not allow sighted individuals wearing sleep shades to participate...For those having difficulties keeping fully rostered teams, would diplomacy and active recruiting among the sighted population introduce others into the world of blind sports, who may later be more willing to invite blind athletes into their games, and a more homogenous society. The strives for integration we fight for in a sighted world may be further enhanced by introducing others into sports we participate in...Showing Alice what is on the other side of the looking glass???

Joe, just in case you were wondering (and I know you probably will hate me for this one)...Its going to take, at your weight and intensity level on the elliptical (assuming that MET level is correct, but I haven't seen a gym machine yet that was)...almost 220 minutes to burn off that lunch...

A philosophy on dieting I learned from Vic Richards, my favorite bodybuilder of the 1990s..."I don't diet. Eating healthy is what I do every day...Dieting means that I am making changes to my eating habits...I consider myself to be dieting when I am eating junk..."

As for eating whatever I want and working out like a banshee...I don't have to focus my workouts on merely weight loss if I don't put that weight on in the first place...and I would never put regular unleaded gas (or worse yet Diesel) in my Porsche...It, as well as I, will run much better on premium fuel.

Kelly