[Sportsandrec] New To The List

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 5 21:31:13 UTC 2009

Tyson,
There is not much around me either for sports for blind people.  Wish there
was a goal ball team.  We do have beep ball but that is only a few months.
Welcome.  What sports or rec activities do you like or play?  Many on here
do judo or goal ball.
So are you working?  Anyway, perhaps you can gather some friends, blind and
sighted, and play whatever you want with adaptations since there is not
anything formal going on.  For instance if you like basketball go shoot some
hoops.
I am not an athlete.  I do try and workout regularly though.  My favorite is
the treadmill and recently I found I love spinning at my health club.

I'm also getting involved in meditation for fun.

I want to do more but to workout outside I need guides and I don't have
that.  I have enough problem getting readers for studying in university and
I even pay them!
I'd like to go tandem biking and/or jogging if I could.

Well welcome and ask questions you have about sports or rec being blind.

Ashley