[Sportsandrec] "I'll be there..."

Thornbury, Kelly kthornbury at bresnan.net
Wed Jan 21 08:08:56 UTC 2009

I actually looked up song lyrics for this one, but I didn't care for any of them, but yes, I'll be there...

Welcome to our newest lister. You just missed out on some posts regarding exercise videos, which didn't produce too many positive results. I did hear of a pretty good Tai Chi video once, but search as I might, I haven't been able to find it again. Welcome, and be sure to share all the things you like to do, you will certainly find companions within these hallowed email walls.

For the bikers out there, you will love this one...I crashed big time today...Yes, right off the trainer in my dorm room. A friend wants to buy my old TT bike, so I brought it from home this weekend and had it in the trainer. I was doing some tune up stuff, and didn't adjust my trainer correctly for the different width of hubs on the different bikes. I wasn't going to work out on it, so I didn't bother. Suddenly, the "power" and "speed" of this streamlined, high geared beast took over and I suddenly wanted to let it loose. I did get my fluid dampened trainer to cavitate (basically losing the resistance in the trainer) shook enough to knock the bike out of the trainer, and half a power stroke later I crashed right into my bed, followed by the desk and chair, and eventually the floor; all  because I couldn't get my shoes off the clips fast enough (a particular skill I haven't needed in a while). I'll say it for you all...DUMMY!!!

Kelly