[Sportsandrec] Rugby?

Ricky Lomey rickyl at iafrica.com
Thu Jul 2 12:47:15 UTC 2009

Hi Ken

Hope rugby will also be broadcast on radio in the U.S. as well.

The only adaptation for the blind is for partially sighted who can play, our
school had a team. I think the ball may be a different colour or something,
nothing for the blind though I read in the U.K. rugby league is working on
an audible and florescent ball. I'm surprised the game has not been adapted
for wheelchairs as wheelchair or qua rugby does not use the oval ball.

Rick