[Sportsandrec] Audible Boxers

Justin Williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 12:33:41 UTC 2009

I can see very little, but what that does is keep your body in alinement, so
that you can keep your other senses keyed to your opponent. Have someone
throw punches at you; not hard, and learn to tell through feel and hearing
where they are coming from and try to block them.  It's just practice, so he
should nott be trying to knock your head off especially at first.  Get
faster as you get better.  Boxking is not as friendly, because the gloves do
not let you use handtrapping nearly as effectively, but it can be done.
Remember, you always trying to improve and perfect your technique;
especially that particular skill.  Learn to become an inside fighter with
short hooks and uppercuts.  The object is for you to stay attached to your
opponent as much as possible; even though the style is not right for it
exactly.  You have to develop  more than just pure hearing.  You must learn
to feel his energy and hear his movements as he moves and throws punches;
hhence the exercise.