[Sportsandrec] Fw: Boxing Tips?

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 30 23:48:15 UTC 2009

Joe,
We got the message today. The original post did not come through.
Wow, I didn't know you liked being so rough.  Shouldn't surprise me; guys
like that.
I like punching to relieve stress but I do it to targets that are non human
such as pillows.
Can you explain more. How long have you done kickboxing and what sort of
setting?  A class?
Did you learn when you had more vision?  Other than Kelly on this list, I've
not met a blind boxer or kickboxer.  So you are the second I know of in
cyberspace.
How do you hit your target?  Do you just memorize where the punching bag is
in relation to you?
If you learned when you were blind I imagine it took a lot of hands on
instruction.  What is the difference between kickboxing and boxing?

I know just a little about both sports like the names of moves and the
object of the activity.
I got introduced to the basic four punches and a couple kicks when I tried
that cardio kick class that didn't work out.  I couldn't follow it since it
was so fast paced and not enough auditory cues for me.
How much do you know?  More than the basic punches of jabs, crosses, hooks
and uppercuts?

Can you explain what you mean by this?
" I like to work the bags, pool sprints, and lunge work.
I like kick boxing as I enjoy the precision of
> the placement of punches and kicks to achieve victory."
Yes kickboxing is precise.  Is the goal to knock your opponent down or what
makes victory here?
I didn't know what pool sprints meant; and lunges that I know of are a lower
body exercise to strengthen the legs.  So maybe you mean something else.

This is interesting to learn about.
Everett I think you're confusing Joe with other people.  He did not send
anything except today on this subject line.

Ashley