[Sportsandrec] Century riding

Ron & the bears rockthebike at usfamily.net
Tue May 5 19:45:39 UTC 2009

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the note! The bears and I were wondering how you made out on your
ride.

I wanted to encourage you, since you had a pilot who believed in you, but
after I posted, was not sure that was the best ride for you at the time, not
knowing your recent ride history.

We purposely rambled on a bit to give the sense of how long a century ride
really can be. I was happy to hear the fact you had the opportunity, but did
not think you had enough preparation before the ride. Had it not been a good
experience for you and your pilot, you may not have wanted to keep riding.

I believe that if you do a few 50-60 mile rides that your chances of
finishing a century go way up.

What I feared is that you currently do not know enough to get yourself
comfortable on the bike. For a 7-8 hour ride, that is a huge part of
surviving. For example, my saddle was at the right height, but it took me
lots of miles to determine that it needed to be slid forward to get under my
natural position better.

I'd say that a 100-mile ride is definitely in reach for you this summer, but
those important intermediate steps should be taken.

How was your tournament, anyway? I will look for previous posts to see if
you posted already.

Keep on Rolling! R E O Speedwagon, indeed!

Ron & the there is a season bears
Austin, TX

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---