[Sportsandrec] kayaks

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue May 5 21:14:54 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'd like to try some outdoor activities.  Kayaks are one person boats.  Have you gone kayaking.  If so, how did you stay oriented  and learn what to do?
I was thinking of having a guide in front of me in another kayak.  I have some central vision.  They could wear something bright so I could follow them and communicate verbally.  I guess someone would have to show me hands on how to move the kayak.

Your ideas and first hand accounts would be great.

Ashley