[Sportsandrec] tandem mountain bikes

Ron & the bears rockthebike at usfamily.net
Wed May 6 03:20:54 UTC 2009

Hi Ashley,

Yes, there are tandem mountain bikes. I raced a few off-road races in
Wisconsin. A lower priced bike will have no suspension, but will have big
enough tires to go on moderate trails. If you get more into it, then, you
can upgrade as you please. My guess is that a $800 bike can get you started.
You may find one for less on the used market.

As for kayaks, I went tandem with my ex-girlfriend who had the goat. What a
fine goat he was. I miss him dearly.

You can go solo. I did a few times, but it was not as fun. She kept dropping
me, because she had a more efficient stroke, and better, lighter equipment.
If I get my own boat, I may get the tandem. For me, like cycling, on tandem,
I can go faster with the piece of mind that someone is ultimately steering.
Depends on what you want to do, though.

Regards,

Ron & the by land and sea bears
Austin, TX